Teach, learn, share, grow, explore with others 50+ from the metro area
Note to Members: Spring 2021 Semester courses have been announced! Take a look at the new information available under the “Courses” page.
“I love being a member of Encore Learning. The classes have always been top-rate, and I get so much out of them and my fellow classmates. I enjoy the fellowship and friends I’ve made. I really look forward to the start of each new semester. I don’t like it when classes end. I also like the special events and the clubs. Encore Learning is a great organization.” — Ed Rader
- Encore Learning offers high-quality academic courses, wide-ranging special events, specialty clubs, and enjoyable social activities for anyone over fifty in the metropolitan area.
- Encore Learning’s daytime non-credit college-level courses require no testing or papers.
- Subject areas include the Fine Arts, Theater and Music; Health and Wellness; History; Law, Politics and Public Affairs; Literature and Writing; Science and Technology; and the Social Sciences.
- We offer courses during spring and fall semesters. Courses are held during the day at convenient Arlington locations.
- The annual membership fee is $65 per individual. Each course costs $55 and requires membership through the course end date.
- View the Encore Learning video.
Not yet a member but want to learn more? Join our email list!
Due to the pandemic, all of our activities for the upcoming semester will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
Catch the spirit and join the fun: Volunteer your talents, interests, and support
“Collegiality, education, travel and community involvement are all important aspects of my Encore Learning membership.” — Mary Crosby
- Volunteers and instructors are vital to the operation of Encore Learning.
- Bring your energy and interests to a welcoming community.
- Find volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule and time constraints.
More details on the Volunteers & Instructors web page.
DONATE TO Encore Learning
Encore Learning is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Any donation is a charitable contribution deductible from income tax to the full extent permitted by law. Donations may be made by check or online. Members, friends and organizations wishing to support Encore Learning may direct contributions to our General Fund or to our Arlington Youth Scholarship.