Encore Learning offers a wide variety of academic college-level courses to members. Course subjects range from Social Sciences, History, Arts and Humanities, Law, Politics and Public Affairs to Science and Engineering or Health and Wellness. Each course costs $55. You must be a member to register for a course. The annual membership fee is $65 and is nonrefundable and non transferable.
Fall 2022 Course Information Coming Soon
Our Spring 2022 semester is about to come to a close. We’ve had an amazing time reconnecting with friends, expanding our minds, finding new passions, and meeting new people along the way. Even though this semester is almost over, it's never too late to get involved! Join one of our many clubs and attend special events year-round!
We are looking forward to the Fall 2022 semester which will offer more than 30 virtual, in-person and outdoor classes. The Fall catalog will be online in early August.
For an overview of the Encore Learning Course Registration process, you can check out our Registration Familiarization video on YouTube and if you have anymore questions regarding registration check out our Registration Frequently Asked Questions Guide.
Need help creating a password? Click here for our quick start password guide.
You must be a member to register for a course. Click here to join Encore Learning today.
Not yet a member but want to learn more? Sign-up to receive news and updates in your inbox!
Encore Learning Courses Are Convenient!
- All classes are held at Arlington locations or online via Zoom. View information on class locations.
- Weekly class sessions are generally 1½ hours between 10:00 AM and 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Courses run 4 to 10 weeks, as determined by the instructor.
- Click here for information about submitting your vaccination proof and completing the Mason Safety Check.
- Enrollment must meet a minimum of ten students. Maximum enrollment is determined by the instructor or the room size.
- A typical course has 20 to 30 students. Smaller seminars and large classes are offered each semester.
- Virtual classes are offered via Zoom. For more information about using Zoom, check our Zoom Resources page.
Information About Spring 2022 In-Person Courses
Unless specified courses identified as in-person classes will be held at George Mason University - Arlington Campus in Van Metre Hall. Encore Learning students attending classes at George Mason University must:
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide documentation of vaccination status to Encore Learning at the first in-person class session. In-person participants should bring to the first session of class one of the following:
- Vaccination card that demonstrates complete dosage.
- Picture of the Vaccination Card that is readable.
- Printout of Virginia COVID-19 Vaccination Record, available https://vase.vdh.virginia.gov/vacapps/f?p=545:1.
If Encore Learning has already received your vaccination documentation you do not need to bring it to the first class session.
- Masks are now OPTIONAL in classrooms, even though they are optional we still recommend wearing them in the classrooms.
In-person classes at other locations such as Fairlington Community Center or at historic sites require that students be vaccinated and wear a mask while indoors. Submit the vaccination information as indicated above in item 1.
In-person requirements are subject to change.