Here is a reminder of our weather policy:
- If Mason cancels its classes, our classes at their Arlington campus are cancelled. If Mason announces a delayed opening, our classes scheduled to begin after the campus reopens will take place as scheduled. Mason usually treats all its locations as one.
- If Arlington Public Schools (APS) cancels classes, our office is closed and our classes at Fairlington and Arlington Mill Community Centers are cancelled. If they announce a delayed opening, our classes scheduled to begin after APS reopens will take place as scheduled.
- If Arlington Central Library is closed, any special event scheduled there is cancelled,
- Activities such as special events which meet outside of our host institutions and our clubs do not have hard and fast rules. When in doubt, contact the activity coordinator.
Most institutions make their daily closure/delay decision between 5:00 and 6:oo A.M. and post their decision in bold letters on their home page. To learn the most up-to-date info on the host institutions’ decisions regarding delays and closings:
- Listen to the radio or watch television news bulletins
- Visit www.gmu.edu for George Mason University or call 703-993-1000
- Visit https://www.apsva.us/
emergency-alerts/ for Arlington Public Schools or call 703-228-4APS
- Visit https://library.
arlingtonva.us/library-news- blog/ for Arlington Central Library or call 703-228-5990
It is always best to use common sense. And keep in mind, if our offices are closed, we won’t be there to take your call or your email. If you have an issue, call our main phone line 703-228-2144 and leave us a message. We will contact you as soon as we can.