To successfully participate in an online class, you will need:
- Working computer (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED), tablet or smart phone
- Zoom application downloaded to your computer or device
- Familiarity with Zoom (see below)
- Course registration confirmation(s)
- Your course-specific Zoom ID and Zoom passcode
- Log in to Member Account Manager, using your Encore Learning User Name (your email) and password.
- Click on My Activities, then (under course name) View Class Media.
- Under Documents, open Zoom Info.pdf to get the Zoom ID and passcode (valid for all class sessions for the course).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of your courses.
- Retain a copy of the Zoom Instructions pdf on your desktop for easy reference and linking for each class session.
- Ensure best Internet connection.
- Test connection speed by inputting “speedtest” into your browser search engine (most links will provide a good tool).
- If connecting by WiFi and you get less than 10Mbps download speed, move to a location closer to your modem/router. Test again. If on a computer and speed has not improved, recommend getting connected by Ethernet cable to modem/router.
- For phones and tablets, WiFi will be your only connection, being close to modem/router source is only solution.
- Turn off your Caps Lock and make sure your Num Lock is not on
- Clear your browser history/cache. How to do this depends on your device's browser and whether you are connecting via the browser or the Zoom app.
- Try logging in differently. If you were trying to login via the Zoom app, try logging in on the web browser, or vice versa
- Update your Zoom application
You can play around with Zoom and test the settings on your computer ahead of time by using their test meeting functionality: https://zoom.us/test
If you have your Meeting ID and password noted: On the first day of class, 15 minutes prior to the start time go to https://zoom.us/join and type in the Meeting or Webinar ID and then the passcode. Grab a cup of coffee and wait for class to begin at the top of the hour. Email email@example.com if you have any issues – we’ll be online and ready to help.
We’ve created the following resources to help you get started.
A video explaining adjusting relative size of shared screen and video.