To successfully participate in an online class, you will need:
- a working computer (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED), tablet or smart phone
- a good internet connection
- the Zoom application downloaded to your computer or device
- familiarity with Zoom (see below)
- course registration confirmation(s)
- your course-specific Zoom ID and Zoom passcode
- Log in to Member Account Manager, using your Encore Learning User Name (your email) and password.
- Click on My Activities, then (under course name) View Class Media.
- Under Documents, open Zoom Info.pdf to get the Zoom ID and passcode (valid for all class sessions for the course).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of your courses.
You can play around with Zoom and test the settings on your computer ahead of time by using their test meeting functionality: https://zoom.us/test
On the first day of class, 15 minutes prior to the start time go to https://zoom.us/join and type in the Meeting or Webinar ID and then the passcode. Grab a cup of coffee and wait for class to begin at the top of the hour. Email email@example.com if you have any issues – we’ll be online and ready to help.
We’ve created the following resources to help you get started.